Win7 still supported?

SingsBass

Win7 still supported?

Post by SingsBass »

Hi there,

As a hobbyist, I have enjoyed using the ZofZ PCB Viewer. Currently, I am running v2.0.1.0

I just downloaded the latest version today (3.2.6.0), and although the system requirements on the website indicate that Win7 (SP1) is still supported, the installation utility says that it cannot be installed on Windows 7 x64.

( Yes, I am still on a Win7 platform for my PCB work. It's a long story which I won't bore you with here. :) )

If Win7 is no longer supported, I will stick with v2.0.1.0 that I am currently using. Otherwise, if this just some configuration glitch with the new installer and is easily resolved, I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Cheers!
Zofz
Site Admin

Re: Win7 still supported?

Post by Zofz »

I am having problems running the Windows 7 network on the Hyper-V. (ping OK, but Internet Explorer not working)
But do you have a Windows 7 64-bit version?
Zofz
Site Admin

Post by Zofz »

It is blocked in the installer. I hope to be able to make it possible in the next release.
SingsBass

Post by SingsBass »

Yes, I have an x64 system.

It would be great if you manage to figure out how to unblock it in a future release. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers
Zofz
Site Admin

Post by Zofz »

I can't make my VM system web working. Firefox is ok, but I can't install updates or Visual Studio.

Could you test the zofzpcb portable package? You may run into DLL problem - then install visual studio Runtime, the newest and one more.
Zofz
Site Admin

Post by Zofz »

I am giving up. I have managed to set up Win 7 to the ie11 level, but still, some DLLs are incompatible. Sorry :-J
SingsBass

Post by SingsBass »

Sorry to be out of touch for a few days. I am just getting back to this.

I downloaded the portable version (great suggestion - I wish I had thought of it :o ) and as you predicted, I did get some DLL errors. Before installing a new VS Runtime, I first want to capture a backup image of my system (this one is not running in a VM). Then I will try again, just in case that works.

It may be a few more days before I get enough time to do that, but I will post the results back here for the benefit of anyone else who happens to come across this thread.

Thanks for your efforts. It is too bad they didn't work out.