Save and Copy your own Models

-Tom-Tom-

Save and Copy your own Models

Post by -Tom-Tom- »

Save and Copy your own generated Models
For example …

Copy
In the image, you see the Capacitors, Inductors, Transistors. A lot of them repeat. I have to model it all separately. There is no way to say: Copy all Settings from C1 and paste it on C24 (or C56, C4, C23).
Yes, I know the copy function from the Body Builder. It is good, but it copies only the information from the Body Builder.
Save
Well, if I do small changes to my PCB design and want to generate a new 3D file. I had to model all myself done Parts new.
I would love to have my own little „custom“ library with my parts, which I generated with the Body Builder, that I can assign to the parts on the new PCB.
Maybe also to exchange among Zofz users.
Zofz
Site Admin

Re: Save and Copy your own Models

Post by Zofz »

-Tom-Tom- wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:47 pm Save and Copy your own generated Models
Copy
In the image, you see the Capacitors, Inductors, Transistors. A lot of them repeat. I have to model it all separately. There is no way to say: Copy all Settings from C1 and paste it on C24 (or C56, C4, C23).
Yes, I know the copy function from the Body Builder. It is good, but it copies only the information from the Body Builder.
This functionality existed in version 1.3.100, as I remember. I can't say for sure, however. That is, the clipboard was working on the component model and the body-builder level. I hope this will be a simple fix - for the time; I consider it a UI bug.
Zofz
Site Admin

Re: Save and Copy your own Models

Post by Zofz »

-Tom-Tom- wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:47 pm Save and Copy your own generated Models
Save
Well, if I do small changes to my PCB design and want to generate a new 3D file. I had to model all myself done Parts new.
I would love to have my own little „custom“ library with my parts, which I generated with the Body Builder, that I can assign to the parts on the new PCB.
Maybe also to exchange among Zofz users.
@metricmind was also requesting this functionality some time ago. I will start with something simple, as time will allow.
What you can do now:
  1. To pass all component (and other) settings to a new version of the board:
    Save ".camset" project file, regenerate Gerbers - reload via camest file. You can also copy the camest file to your new Gerber folder (keeping the same relative path) and reload new gerbers via the new camset file.
  2. Copy component settings:
    Save source and destination projects as a camest file. Open the source camset file in a text editor. Look for the source component designator. Copy the XML markup to the destination camest file, replacing the XML markup around the destination component designator. (Remember to keep the destination designator itself.)

Example component - without body-builder:

Code: Select all

<c RefID="C613" model="4;2S;Capacitor;1812; n:2;fHght:3.2;color:906020"/>
    Example component, with body builder:

Code: Select all

<c RefID="CN2" side="top" usebb="yes" model="2;MT">
    body
    CUBE,fpx:0,fpy:2,arot:0.0,fsx:14.5,fsy:17,fsz:12,fh0:0.5,frh:0.05,frv:0.05,frl:0.6,col:FFFFFF
    *</c>