(SOLVED) Option to recursive load

kimmoli

(SOLVED) Option to recursive load

Post by kimmoli »

Our gerber generation wants to place Drill, Gerbers and Stencil gerbers (paste mask) to their own folders, which we then add to zip file.

-+-Drill
+-Gerber
+-StencilGerber

Now to load such tree, i need to copy the files to single directory (flat) for the Autoload to work properly.

Would it be possible to e.g. recurse into a Zip file or selected folder to collect files according to rule?
Zofz
Site Admin

Re: Option to recursive load

Post by Zofz »

I have seen this in Eagle. (is it Eagle?)
And I had to do the same file shuffling.
Assuming the file names are still distinctive, it should not be too complicated.

Checkbox for "Include Subdirectories"

Thanks
kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

PADS Professional. We manually configured it like this because reasons (Drill generation deletes all files from target folder, and stencil gerbers go to different fab)

FWIW the rules are as follows.

Code: Select all

Silkscreen T silkscreen-top.pho
Silkscreen B silkscreen-bottom.pho
SolderMask T soldermask-top.pho
SolderMask B soldermask-bottom.pho
PasteMask  T pastemask-top.pho
PasteMask  B pastemask-bottom.pho
Copper     T top.pho
Copper     M layer*.pho
Copper     B bottom.pho
Drill_PTH    thruholeplated.ncd
Drill_NPTH   thruholenonplated.ncd
BoardOutline outline.pho
IPC356       *.ipc
(And thanks for the great application. I've used free version of Viewmate for gerber checking but it shows some things "correctly" which fails in PCB manufacturer. ZofzPCB shows them as the end product is, i.e. wrong. This is related to Macros in gerber. I try get this fixed by Siemens)
Kaziq

Post by Kaziq »

I would also welcome this feature. I use Altium CircuitStudio, and it places drill file in a different directory (I couldn't find any setting to change that). The gerbers are placed in the Gerber directory, and drill file is in the NC Drill directory. The file names are identical, but extensions differ (*.gxx for gerber, and *.txt for drill), so there should be no problem with interpreting that as a single directory. Alternatively you could add an option to the load rules to specify file mask with a subdirectory, e.g.:

Copper     T         Gerber/*.gtl
Copper     B         Gerber/*.gbl
Drill_PTH            NC Drill/*.drl
Zofz
Site Admin

Post by Zofz »

Kaziq wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:04 pm I would also welcome this feature. I use Altium CircuitStudio, and it places drill file in a different directory (I couldn't find any setting to change that). The gerbers are placed in the Gerber directory, and drill file is in the NC Drill directory. The file names are identical, but extensions differ (*.gxx for gerber, and *.txt for drill), so there should be no problem with interpreting that as a single directory. Alternatively you could add an option to the load rules to specify file mask with a subdirectory, e.g.:

Copper     T         Gerber/*.gtl
Copper     B         Gerber/*.gbl
Drill_PTH            NC Drill/*.drl
Including paths in the mask is quite a good idea. I like it. It would cover the case of the same names. (In lower-case letters, btw, as capitals are reserved.)
That should probably also be possible, covering any directory names:

Copper     T         *\*.gtl
Copper     B         *\*.gbl
Drill_PTH            *\*.drl