Export Nets list and Components list to .txt or csv file

zpedro

Export Nets list and Components list to .txt or csv file

Post by zpedro »

Hi,
I'm very surprised in a good meaning by the application. I've explored the app to try find a way to export or extract the information of the nets and components (with coordinates) to an .txt or .csv file.
Seems that you have all the information there and listed, missing only a button to export it. :D
Thanks in advance!
Zofz
Site Admin

input file contains netlist, BOM, etc

Post by Zofz »

A Gerber data set contains a file containing a geometrically bounded netlist called IPC356. The file contains all pads of all components, their coordinates, designators, and the connected netlist names. The Gerber set typically contains the BOM in a CSV format, too. (If not, then I do not have it either.)

The ODB++ file is similar to a complete Gerber data set but in a slightly different format. All the ODB++ elements files structure are zipped, for example, using tar (packs file directory into one file) and gzip (compress). That is for extension TGZ. There are also just packed directories (.TAR) or regular zip. Please try to unpack the ODB++ file—I am using the 7-zip program. The ODB++ documentation describes the format - is it acceptable? Or do you want me to create even more data formats? Convince me ;-)

What is zofzpcb doing - guessing the component models. This is the added value.
zpedro

Re: Export Nets list and Components list to .txt or csv file

Post by zpedro »

Hi Zofz,

We work with test tools for PCBA's, and we dont care about make changes in layout, but we use it to find components in the PCB. I know that in the pack of ODB files is there is information that I need, but its spread by a lot of files and "connected" by other some file(s)...
For instance we have:
- ...\odb\steps\pcb\layers\comp_+_bot (with the bottom components and its coordinates)
- ...\odb\steps\pcb\layers\comp_+_top (with the top components and its coordinates)
- ...\odb\steps\pcb\netlists\cadnet (we have the nets name)

But I'm missing how they are connected together. However even knowing it, I will need to develop some code to combine/connect this information.
In your software, this is there in "Netlist Nodes", but its not possible export it. :(
Regarding the possibility of export components list with the pads coordinates will be the "cherry on top of the cake!" :D

If you can implement this features in your software, I buy the perpetual license!!!
...if prefer, please send me an email.
Regards!
Attachments
nets.jpg
nets.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Zofz
Site Admin

Post by Zofz »

I just discovered that I had killed the netlist loading to the dialog in the last software version. Man, I need a tester! Is it working for you? If so, how?

What exactly do you expect in the CSV file?
One line per component pin, containing:
component id; pin id; netlist name; smd/tht; side; x; y;?
zpedro

Post by zpedro »

Hello,

Yes, your suggestion for the .csv is fine!!!
Regards ;)