ZofzPCB: FREE 3D Gerber Viewer
The fastest, easiest, most intuitive way to check your PCB design…
before it goes to manufacturing
If you’re a PCB electronics designer, you know how important it is to review your designs thoroughly before sending them to manufacturing. It’s costly – and embarrassing – to find design errors in a production board.
You also know how difficult it is to really check everything in CAD. You’re dealing with multiple layers, so you can’t see everything at once. Plus, your CAD program generates some structures automatically – you don't see them while you’re in CAD. So it’s hard to visualize your finished board.
Of course, with experience and as you gain confidence in your CAD package, un-caught errors become less likely. But still…
Wouldn’t it be great if you could:
- Look at your PCB design through a different set of eyes?
- Get a completely different perspective than you get from CAD or a 2D Gerber viewer?
- See your board just as it will look when it comes back from production?
- Inspect it from any angle… just like holding the finished board in your hand?
- Be able to “look between the layers” for hidden errors?
A 3D Gerber Viewer that Gets “Between the Layers”
ZofzPCB is a FREE 3D Gerber viewer that shows you more than just how your board is going to look. ZofzPCB lets you see inside your board – between the layers – so you can give it a truly thorough inspection. It makes pre-production verification of your PCB designs fast, easy, intuitive and fun.With ZofzPCB you get:
- Realistic 3D rendering from your Gerber files that shows you just how your finished board will look and unveils errors that are difficult to detect in a 2D view,
- Full 3D navigation via intuitive mouse and keyboard controls, so you can quickly and easily view any point on the board from any angle you choose,
- Color scheme selection that lets you assign colors to structures in different ways,
- Layer ON/OFF and PEEL functions, which let you remove any design layers that are in your way,
- Material density, hollowing and layer spread controls that let you “look between the layers” and verify connections between them,
- A measurement function that shows you the X,Y,Z and XY distances between any two points (pad, edge or hole),
- Import of your IPC-356 netlist file (optional)
- Browsing by component, pin and netlist that lets you instantly inspect any design element (if IPC-356 netlist file has been imported) ,
- Automatic error checking of your Gerber-generated netlist against the IPC-356 netlist test file…
See the ZofzPCB 3D Gerber Viewer in ActionTo get a better idea of how all these features work and how powerful they really are, we urge you to take a look at this brief DEMONSTRATION VIDEO:
Gain New Perspective on Your PCB Designs Today… Absolutely FREE!The ZofzPCB 3D Gerber viewer makes pre-production inspection of your PCD designs fast, easy, intuitive and fun. Get started today! Download Now
For additional information…
For in-depth demonstrations of ZofzPCB features, see our Tutorials on YouTube.
To follow ZofzPCB on social media, choose from the following:
For more information on how to use ZofzPCB, see our Help File.
For a list of known bugs awaiting correction, as well as our version log, see our Bug List.
For a screenshot gallery, see our Screensaver Page.
A word about bugsIf you encounter a bug in the program, please send details of the problem along with the Crash Report to email@example.com. More information on catching bugs can be found in the Help section.
- Gerber format specification & related documents:Ucamco Download Page
- Gerber file format at Wikipedia: Gerber Format
- OSH Park is a community printed circuit board:
- What is "Dirt Cheap Dirty Boards"?
- Ten rules to provide perfect data for PCB production: Eurocircuits
- Electronics Design Checklist Form: Hank Wallace
- Gerber file check before manufacturing: edaboard
- Get your PCBs made: Dangerous Prototypes
- Common PCB design mistakes: EDN Network blog
- See the PCB manufacturing process: Eurocircuits Video
- Softpedia Editor's Review, by Ana Marculescu of: ZofzPCB Gerber Viewer